Monday, July 14, 2008

The College..........

My first encounter with the college as I mentioned in my previous post was quite interesting as I had no idea what's in store for me as I neared my college. But it was quite appealing to me as it looked very different from other colleges.... And slowly I fell in love with that place.. We used to mention it as a hill station of some sort... If I start describing Wayanad then I dont think my vocabulary wud be sufficient for expressing all that comes to me with the mere mention of that place. So I will not go into full details as of now, but will definitely put my thoughts here and there as and when required.

So coming back to college.. This was the road(mud road or shortcut which usually wud be a hell during rains and guess what Wayanad received the most of the rains during the monsoons)..But still we loved it like anything... lots of stories of somebody slipping here are still fresh in our minds...

That was the beginning of the usual college days for people coming to college (with the exception of the College bus goers). So here's how a day started with everybody gathering around for a cup of tea or a puff of smoke and calmly trekking the steps and then this road...

which led to the college...had something interesting on its way... our College sign board with all sorts of jungles around it reminding us that we were in Wayanad........

And once in the college, it's was an different atmosphere altogether...
And the famous spot used to be the Shuttle Court..(Sorry, Renju missed to take snap of that).. hey how cud u miss that dear..

And the road to the Office, Principal room, Old Library, hey these rooms never mattered at all.. but what that mattered is that this road led to the canteen and that's where you wud find the whole bunch of "us" regardless of whether class is going or not...The Favorite Chill out place for everyone.....

And then our class "The Royal CSE".. it was always the pivot point of college and everything happens around it's corner only... ECE guys please ignore after all I was in CSE...But CSE/ECE/Archi(As we used to call them-Architecture Batch) didn't/never made any difference during first year.. It was only when De Juniors came..things started hotting up..Till then we were one and the same.. but even after that we were one but not the same.... :)

This might seem to be a closed door now(As new building has come up and things have been shifted), but once this door never closed..It can't actually.. It was the resting ground of gr8 legends who were unique in every sense.. Same is for ECE guys too... and Archi... In one sense we the first batch of the college were just different altogether from all other colleges.. and as my blog proceeds you will come to know how different we actually were!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wud be wrong on my part if I forget or dont mention the following Snaps or things ..whatever.. it was our famous Corridor .........



Here's where everything happened... They were the lifeline of our college .. It connected every one to other persons in one sort and it was the most common hangout place during breaks, lunch, events... Each and every pillar will have a different story to tell............And the same is for every class, every bench and each Window.......

Even though I wrote very less(Compared to what I really wanted to) in this post but this snaps speak for themselves.. and everyone who has been there has his own version of how these places were important in their life...So what are you waiting for ..guys, pen down something that you felt about it in here.....I have all ears :) .....



Previous Post / Next Post

1 comment:

Zreecu.... said...

3 comments:

Jishad said...

ithum vaayichedaa.
Nice one daa. Keep on posting.
7/14/2008 2:36 PM
renjestaa said...

good one da..
take time for the next one..
7/14/2008 3:37 PM
umesh3034 said...

yo man... cool blog..

Speaking of the "Mud Road" some of us had the experience of seeing some "LIVE" falls :-) Most famous being Nisha Rani in the Badminton court(i hope her hubby is not reading this blog :-)). Few more were there, Sanam , Haji, etc. I think Aneej was present on all these occasions :-)Queries to Aneej please :-)

Umesh
7/14/2008 5:11 PM